My research interest focus on application of geoinformation science and information technology in studying dynamics of natural systems. I have three main areas of interest:
- Climate change and vulnerability to agricultural crop including drought monitoring, groundwater targeting & surface water harvesting for irrigation and time series analysis of meteorological data.
- Application of electronic sensors to monitor soil physico-chemical properties to implement precision agricultural practices in Tea industry.
- Fluvial geomorphology including planform migration of large river systems, bank erosion, interlinking of river basins and flood hazards.
- Principal Investigator, DST/INT/UK/P-078/2014, DST – UKIERI Programme, Climate smartening Assam’s tea plantation landscapes: Defining socio-ecological ‘safe spaces’ for future sustainability, ₹31,24,800.00
- Co-Investigator, eAgriEn Programme, Developing tools for a decision support system framework for tea production system using a wireless sensors network, ₹1,36,90,000.00
- Co-Investigator, eAgriEn Programme, Inward Leaf Inspection System for Indian Tea Industries, ₹24,00,000.00